Chartered Certified Accountants & Registered Auditor
Gerard Mullan Accountants provides accounting, taxation and business advice. Our offices are located in Kilkenny and we serve a wide variety of clients. Our company offers a comprehensive range of services to both individual & corporate clients. We are committed to offering you the best advice & assistance to help you succeed…
What we offer
Audit & Accountancy | Taxation | Business Support & Advice | Bookkeeping Service | Business Start-Up Service | Company Secretarial
Why Choose Us?
We are committed to providing an efficient service to the highest standards will work closely with you, the client, tailoring services to fit your particular needs. click here for more details
Old Callan Road,
Tel: (056) 77 86544
We prepare accounts and financial statements for sole traders, partnerships and companies. We also prepare periodic management accounts.
We endeavour to add value to the above processes by assisting clients in interpreting, analysing and understanding the information in the accounts both in terms of performance and cash-flow. This aids our clients in the running of their businesses. We support our clients in identifying the key financial performance indicators and financial trends of their businesses. We believe that the accounts of a business should not be viewed solely as a compliance necessity but should be utilised as a valuable management tool.
We negotiate finance facilities such as banking and leasing facilities when required.
Gerard Mullan Accountants areregistered auditors and offer a comprehensive range of auditing services; ensuring client companies and businesses comply with all statutory obligations.
Our standard audit package includes all the necessary completed documentation including full financial statements, annual return form, AGM documentation, and abridged accounts where applicable.
In addition to our core audit service, our Audit practice provides clients with objective advice on the reliability and fair representation of information of many types. We help clients to assess and manage risks, as well as identify areas for operational improvements.
We also advise on, prepare and audit grant claims.
Gerard Mullan Accountants provides a full range of tax compliance and specialist tax advisory services for all tax heads including the following:
- Income Tax (including PAYE and PRSI)
- Corporation Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Capital Acquisitions Tax
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Stamp Duty
With regard to all taxpayers we will be pleased to advise and assist you in structuring your affairs in the most tax efficient manner, to help you utilise and maximise all available benefits and reliefs.
We provide a complete bookkeeping service. Our firm can perform these services on your behalf or if required we can assist you or your staff in maintaining your books and records. Our bookkeeping service includes the preparation and filing of VAT, PAYE/PRSI and RCT Returns. We will also act as your agent in dealing with the Revenue.
A prompt and efficient bookkeeping function is essential for every business to remain compliant. Once we have your cooperation we will provide a timely and accurate service to ensure that you remain up to date.
Bookkeeping services include:
- VAT Returns
- Payroll Returns
- Bank Reconciliation’s
- Creditor Reconciliation’s
- Debtors Reconciliation’s
We also operate a payroll service for small and medium-sized businesses. We help clients to comply with their statutory PAYE and employment law obligations. Outsourcing is promoted as a means of obtaining best practice and efficiency in a cost effective manner. It gives businesses access to professionals which are not normally available to SME’s.
Our Payroll service includes:
- Gross Pay computations
- Payroll reports
- Completion and filing of monthly PAYE returns and the annual P35 return
- Compliance with new benefit in kind compliance rules
- Analysis of payroll costs by department
- Issuing pay slips
- Staff deductions (VHI, trade union, etc)
Business Start Ups
Gerard Mullan Accountants can give you all the advice you need on how to get your business going.
- Assess the viability of the proposed venture.
- Advise on the most appropriate business structure e.g. Ltd Co., Sole trader etc.
- Arrange for Tax registration
- Projected management accounts
- Budgeting and cash flow forecasts
- Advise you of any incentives which may be available by way of Tax breaks, grants etc.
- Make submission to your bank on your behalf
Gerard Mullan Accountants Kilkenny recognise compliance with company law legislation is complex and time consuming and failure to keep you statutory returns up to date can be costly and may result in strike off by the registrar of companies.
Our secretarial services include:
- Company Incorporation
- Registration of Business names
- Filing Annual Returns and Abridged Accounts.
- Completing and filing all documents in relation to changes in Directors, Shareholdings etc.
- Share Transfers
- Recording minutes of Annual General Meetings
- Maintaining company Registrar
- Provision of registered office
- Safekeeping of company seal
- Changes to a Company’s Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Dealing with company strike off
Business Support & Advise
Gerard Mullan Accountants business support and advice service, is tailored to meet the requirements of each of our business clients and to help improve their profits and growth.
We are continually developing and adapting a wide range of skills and services which are designed to assist our clients in improving business performance and profitability. We also monitor our clients finances continually and give regular strategic advice on how to improve business performance.
We can assist you in creating effective financial and accounting operations that will provide you with the financial information and controls essential for you to run your business. This will leave you more time to concentrate on running and developing the business.
Whether you are a small or large business we can provide the following services:
- Accounting software advice including training and installation.
- Preparation of business plans, budgets, forecasts and cashflows.
- Preparation and review of regular management information in line with budgets and forecasts.
- Attendance at regular management meetings to provide support and advice.
- Attendance at meetings with bankers and finance providers.
- Corporate tax planning.
- Long term business and personal planning including exit strategies.
- Assistance with energy efficiency reports.
- Marketing, strategy, planning and communication.The key to successful business development, full agency services for on and offline effective, sustainable business development